Sunday, August 23, 2009

Last But Not Least

Mesa Falls Marathon 2009
I have been wanting to run in a marathon for about a year and now I have completed my first one! (and MANY more to come!!!) My time was 4:20:22.77, which I was pretty excited about because I was thinking it was going to take me somewhere around 5:15. The whole coarse was so beautiful and there was so many spots that I wished I had my camera. One of my favorite things was seeing Tommy and Fred waiting for me at different aid stations.
On the way up to the trail on the bus, I sat next to an older man who was telling me that this was his 58th marathon! He is trying to run a marathon in every state. I think he only has a couple left.
Overall it was a great experience and I cant wait till I get to start planning my next marathon!

(Remeber! I just got done running 26.2 miles so these are not the cutest pics of me)




2 comments:

Kurt, Jennifer and family said...

Brit - you look amazing after 26 miles! I wouldn't be able to pick myself up off the ground! I am truly impressed by your marathon! Good job! Love, Aunt Jenn

Polk Family said...

You rock!!! I can't believe you did that you are such an inspiration to me. Not like I am planning on a marathon anytime soon but maybe a jog around the block. I am too out of shape but I would love to do a marathon with you and we could just talk the whole time it would deffinately help pass the time, 4 hours good job.